Monsters Park

Bomarzo, Viterbo, Italy

"The park of Monsters of Bomarzo was devised in 1522 by the architect Pirro Ligorio. (He
completed the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Rome after the death of Michelangelo and built
Villa d'Este in Tivoli.) He was commissioned by Prince Pier Francesco Orsini whose heart
was broken at the death of his wife." --Marco

Danke für's phoonen, Marco. Danke für das Foto-Idee, Angy.


May 15, 2006

Dieses Bild ist in diesen Kategorien:
Alte Strukturen    Italien


Phoons Hauptseite