Torre del Marzocco

Livorno Port, Italy

"This tower, higher than the one in Pisa, was built in 1423 by Florence for military
purposes, providing a fine view of enemy ships on the sea (or on foot from Pisa).
Originally, it was by the Livorno Sea. Now it is in the middle of the Livorno port and has
no purpose (but there are still great views of Pisa, Corse Island, and the Alpi Apuane)."
--Stefano

Gracias a Stefano y Stefano por el 'phooning' y a Stefano por la fotocomposición.


Mar 30, 2004

Esta foto está en estas secciones:
Italia    Landmark Structures


Página Principal de 'Phoons'