Torre del Marzocco

Livorno Port, Italy

"This tower, higher than the one in Pisa, was built in 1423 by Florence for military
purposes, providing a fine view of enemy ships on the sea (or on foot from Pisa).
Originally, it was by the Livorno Sea. Now it is in the middle of the Livorno port and has
no purpose (but there are still great views of Pisa, Corse Island, and the Alpi Apuane)."
--Stefano

Grazie a Stefano ed Stefano per phooning e a Stefano e per l'idea della foto.


Mar 30, 2004

Questa foto nelle seguenti categorie:
Italia    Strutture caratteristiche


Pagina Principale di Phoons.com