Libby's™ fruit cocktail water tower

Sunnyvale, California

From a plaque nearby: "Libby, McNeill and Libby opened in 1907 and by 1922 had become the
world's largest cannery. The original tower supplied water to the cannery and its workers
and was replaced in 1965 by this structure." It is quite prominent in this city's and
area's history.

Thanks to Bob for phooning and to Doris for the photo idea.


Jan 11, 2002

This picture is in these categories:
California    Landmark Structures


Phoons Main Page