Monsters Park

Bomarzo, Viterbo, Italy

"The park of Monsters of Bomarzo was devised in 1522 by the architect Pirro Ligorio. (He
completed the Cathedral of Saint Peter in Rome after the death of Michelangelo and built
Villa d'Este in Tivoli.) He was commissioned by Prince Pier Francesco Orsini whose heart
was broken at the death of his wife." --Marco

Thanks to Marco for phooning and to Angy for the photo idea.


May 15, 2006

This picture is in these categories:
Ancient Structures    Italy


Phoons Main Page